Flax seeds prevent further hair loss and help hair grow. As rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids, you should consume flax seeds every day. You only need to add to your diet about one table spoon of ground flax seeds. Flax seeds are a great addition to your diet as they contain essential vitamins that benefit the hair. They are full of nutrients – iron, calcium, protein – that foster hair growth. In addition, with regular use, the seeds will strengthen hair and prevent hair loss. And because flax seeds contain Omega-3 fatty acids, you’ll find an increased elasticity in your hair, which means less breakage. The Omega-3 in flax seeds lowers inflammation, which often leads to dandruff and other scalp conditions.
Here are some more reasons why flax seeds are beneficial for the hair.
- Flax seeds are a rich source of vitamin E. They work to support the shaft, and the Vitamin E aids in the growth of the capillaries.
- Flax seeds provide hydration for hair.
- Flax seeds help control split ends.
- They are a great source of high quality fiber, which promotes hair growth.
- They are a good source for both soluble and insoluble fibers. Edible fibers help with the proper functioning of the intestines. This prevents ailments, which may lead to hair loss.
Flax seeds can be used in different ways for treating various hair conditions. Try grinding the seeds to make a powder and add the powder to your daily diet. Add the seeds to muffins and cookies, as well as in smoothies or shakes. You can also use flax seed oil as a healthy salad dressing.
For more tips from me, just subscribe to my newsletter using the form below.